Thursday, September 30, 2010

Is it October First Yet?

Ok I know that tomorrow it is officially October and that only hardcore Halloween lovers like myself would start decorating for Halloween in September but I can't help myself! There are only 4 weeks in October and that's not nearly enough time to enjoy it if you ask me:)
Ava Kate and I made this recipe for {Witch's Brew} and I am so in love with it! We have it hanging on the front door to welcome everyone in:) It was super easy. I sprayed my cookie sheet (which are crazy cheap at the dollar store and garage sales) with spray adhesive, and cut my Halloween scrap book paper into random sizes so it looked a little like a quilt. Then I stuck it all down, spraying more as needed. Then I made up the recipe as I went with the letters that I had available. I mixed stamps with stickers. Oh and for the title I printed it out on white paper and then I tore the edges and inked them so it looked burned. Then I glued everything down on top (each ingredient is on a separate piece of paper) and after that set a minute I mod podged the whole thing! I added a few buttons and little bats and ghosts and then I was done. Oh and I put together a ton of Halloween ribbon and tied it and glued it to the back for a hanger.
The little witches hat on the corner is from Michaels and up until we made this it was on a clippie that Ava wore last year as part of her witch costume. She wouldn't keep a hat on her head so I made the little tiny hat into a bow and put it on a headband for her. Worked like magic and she was ADORABLE! At least I thought so:)
Here is an up close of my ingredient list...
And an up close of the directions.

I want to make a Santa's list one for Christmas! How cute would that be? Love it!


No comments: