Friday, December 31, 2010
Friday, December 24, 2010
We will be doing our usual circus routine from family to family tomorrow but I am strangely looking forward to it! Then we are headed to New Orleans on the 27th! I am super excited about that:) It's a late birthday present to me:)
Hope everyone has a holly, jolly Christmas!
Friday, December 10, 2010
I want to do this! I can't tell you how bad I want to paint a tree in the corner and then stare at it lovingly! Is it weird to stare at a wall with a tree lovingly? I think not:)
I really do love this idea! I kind of want to do it and then leave it up all year long! Why not? Or if you paint over it then you could create a new one every year! Like a wonderful personal work of art each Christmas season! I just wonder if I can convince my Hubby it is a good idea to take down the fake tree and paint a paint by numbers esque one on the wall instead?
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Saturday, December 4, 2010
1. I think part of a best friend’s job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong.
3. I totally take back all those times I didn’t want to nap when I was younger.
4. There is great need for a sarcasm font. (My husband says this would be the default font on my computer. Nice.)
5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet? (I’ve seen Martha Stewart do it, but it never seems to work out for me.)
6. Was learning cursive really necessary?
7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. I’m pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
9. I can’t remember the last time I wasn’t at least kind of tired.
10. Bad decisions make good stories.
11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren’t going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don’t want to have to restart my collection…again.
13. I’m always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.
14. “Do not machine wash or tumble dry” means I will never wash this – ever.
15. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Damn it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voice mail. What did you do after I didn’t answer? Drop the phone and run away?
16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.
17. I keep some people’s phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
18. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
19. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.
20. I wish Google Maps had an “Avoid Ghetto” routing option
21. Sometimes, I’ll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it.
22. I would rather try to carry 10 plastic cloth grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.
23. The only time I look forward to a red light is when I’m trying to finish a text.
24. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
25. How many times is it appropriate to say “What?” before you just nod and smile because you still didn’t hear or understand a word they said?
26. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!
27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear get dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
28. Sometimes I’ll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
29. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey – but I’ll bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time!
30. My check engine light has been on for three months now and nothing’s happened. I’m starting to think that my car is just an attention whore.
31. I don’t understand the purpose of the line, “I don’t need to drink to have fun.” Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they’ve invented the lighter?
32. Sometimes I pretend not to remember details about people because having a good memory apparently equates to creepiness.
33. My GPS says “Estimated Arrival Time.” I see “Time to Beat.”
34. Whenever someone says “I’m not book smart, but I’m street smart”, all I hear is “I’m not real smart, but I’m imaginary smart”.
35. My keyboard needs a removable crumb tray like my toaster.
36. What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?
37. I wish it were appropriate to say to a complete stranger, “Excuse me, would you like me to show you how to discipline your child?”
38. I never understood why the Lions and Cowboys always get to play on Thanksgiving. Shouldn’t the Patriots play the Redskins, and then steal their stadium afterwords?
39. Double-Stuffed Oreos should just be called Oreos, and regular Oreos should be called Diet Oreos.
Friday, December 3, 2010
My Hubby went shopping for my birthday and this is what he came home with! I must say he impressed me! I love him and my sweet girl so much and they are the only presents I need but these others sure were nice:)
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Oh and if you need a little style inspiration go here!
I promise I'll do a what I want to give and get for Christmas post this week!
Sunday, November 21, 2010
"If I had my child to raise all over again,
Oh how I love this! I totally agree with what he's saying and how he says it. So eloquent!
I am also enamored with the set! How gorgeous and fitting for an education conference without being boring and typical! Love!
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
This makes me want to get married again! To the same wonderful guy of course:) There are so many more to show but blogger is being difficult and I just don't have the heart to fight it right now:) Go, look, be inspired. I definitely think the colors and the decorations could easily be translated into every day design!
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Have you seen this line at Target? It's designed by "Sonny Monroe" from Disney's Sonny with a Chance. Now I'm not going to lie, it's not my favorite Disney show and yes, I do have a favorite Disney Show:) But the clothes? They're awesome! Well most of them! I think there are a few pieces that are a little um...much for little girls but the tops especially are so cute! They are also pretty reasonable. This jacket was around $24, the dog shirt was $12 and the sparkle sweatshirt was $14. For those prices I am tempted to buy everything they have in AK's size (within reason of course!) It is definitely worth checking out though! Especially if you are like me and you have inadvertantly made your child fashion conscious at a young age.
Monday, October 18, 2010
Ok this shirt is the coolest concept! This photographer has a shirt a month that is based off of one of his photos! How COOL! I want it! Actually I want all of them! They are all so unique! Like secret works of art!
This would be the most wonderful present...for anyone. This particular one was a father's day gift. But, I think it would be great for a friend, or co worker or mom. Anyone you think is incredible!
I will be painting my house this color. Or a color close to it! Actually I want Gentleman's Gray by Benjamin Moore. I am in love with dark houses this year!
I love this...it is the perfect combination of an iconic design with a little whimsical nature thrown in! And a bonus, it's actually affordable!
Monday, October 11, 2010
Now if only I could round up the $695 I need to pre-order them:) I would so be on cloud nine if I could do that. For now I will just stare at them and go and put on my now kind of boring looking chocolate UGG's! ha!
Oh...and go here! For real! Talk about inspiration! If you get Southern Living, Lucy's house was in it with a few measly pictures! So me being me, I googled her until I found her sister's photography site and this wonderful, in depth tour of her house that they did! I thought I was in love when I read the magazine article. That has nothing on all of the pictures on the website:) So go have a look...get inspired and enjoy her take on mixing the old with the new effortlessly!
Oh and that hallway? I am swooning over here! I would kill for just half of those shelves!