So I talked before about my free dresser from Craig's List. It's the one that was missing a drawer. I definitely think that the girl that I got it from thought I was at least half crazy! But...I was so not passing up on this mid-cent mod dresser for free. Drawer or not. After driving through the rain and getting it home and staring at it for awhile, the hubby and I went to Home Depot and got some quarter round and some thin pine paneling and got to work recreating a drawer front. After we did that I realized that my original plan of staining the new front was not going to work. The color is a hard one to match and it is more of a veneer than solid wood on the fronts and it doesn't have a definite grain so the pine took the stain more than the other drawer fronts and it just wasn't looking like I imagined. SO...I decided to paint all of the drawer fronts. I went to HD again and got my paint and got them done during nap time. Which is always a plus! So here is my new old, dresser! I couldn't love it more!
Now I need to go and get those 3M picture hangers that are like Velcro. I don't want to put holes in my wallpaper and I have a few pictures that need to go up on the wall with Uncle Buck:) Maybe this week the pictures will go up so I can be completely finished with this project...for now.