Monday, October 12, 2009

Taking my couch to a "hole" new level




Remember when I showed you the pictures of my couch that my oh so sweet puppy customized for me?? And remember how I had no clue as to how I was going to fix it seeing as it was tattered and beyond the point of a little glue helping it at all? Well I finally stopped avoiding walking by that half of the room and sat down to see what I could do...nothing!! But I did make a little trip to Ikea and I got some bold but neutral fabric that had a background close to the couch color. I decided to do a big stripe/patch/I have no idea what to call it down the middle to cover the hole. I think it turned out as well as it could. I love it. I did the same thing to the love seat so that they at least match. It obviously looks like I put fabric on the backs of my couches, but at least it doesn't look like I live in a house where anything goes and my furniture substitutes as chew toys 90% of the time(oh no, not in this house!!) All in all I'd say I was successful in operation cover up!

1 comment:

Jen said...

that's a really clever idea! you've got to work with whatcha got right!? it forces you to be creative when you have little critters chewing up all your things.