We went to Lake Charles this weekend to see my best friend and her family. So much fun!! Our girls are only four months apart and they absolutely love each other. It is too cute to see them together and I will forever be sad about not living close to each other any more!
The girls had a blast playing together and as hard as I tried I couldn't get any good pictures of them. Hopefully someone else did:) Here is the best one:)
I hope yall had a Merry Christmas and have something really fun planned for tonight:) Get those resolutions ready!!!
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
When you receive the prize, you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in their content or design. Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing that they were prized with 'Honest Weblog'. List [if you can and/or dare] at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!"
I got this award from Alison and I think it is SO neat! I don't know many bolgger people yet so I can't nominate many people:)
I really love to make things...scrapbooking, which I have been horrible about keep up with lately, hair bows for Ava, scrapbook letter...like the big ones you put on the wall, and all sorts of things for my house. A few posts ago I put up all the pictures of the things I have made for this house:) I just get so much joy and pride out of seeing things that I have made make others happy or just make our home a prettier place to be:)
All the girls I am nominating for this are inspirations to me and I enjoy going to their blogs and reading about their latest ideas!
Kelly...LOVE her recipes
Emily...what a wonderful inspiration as a mommy
Katie...oh how I LOVE her antiques...a girl after my own heart:)
Chris...I LOVE how crafty she is
I haven't ever met any of these girls...I just love their blogs!! They all inspire me!
So now, here are 10 honest things about me...
1)I am a complete clean freak. I didn't used to be like this but since I had Ava I am close to obsessive about my house being clean. We live on a dirt road so this is a next to impossible task that I battle every day!
2) I'd rather sit and read a good book than go out any day. Really, I could be a recluse if I had an endless supply of good books...good books meaning Nora Roberts type books:) I LOVE a good love story.
3) I HATE seriously hate unloading the dishwasher. It eats at me to have dishes in the sink but I really avoid unloading the dishwaser at all costs, to the point of getting mad at my husband for not unloading it for me:)
4) I don't want my litte girl to grow up. I seriously want her to stay little forever. Everyday she gets more independent and I am so proud of her, but it breaks my heart!
5) I LOVE to spray paint things. I will spray paint anything and I mean anything. I spray painted our halloween pumpkins red after Thanksgiving so we could keep them out and they would match my Christmas decor...I told you if it is paintable I will spray paint it lol
6) I LOVE a good deal. I end up buying things that I totally do need because they are such a good deal. Pitiful, but I just can't stop myself. It's like a game for me.
7) I really don't like working out but I started running and I "gasp" am starting to enjoy it. Don't tell anyone, but I just might stick with it this time:)
8) My mom is one of my very best friends. I love to spend time with her and we are alwys out shopping or something. I LOVE living next door to her.
9) I LOVE football. I mean LOVE it! And I have passed that on to Ava...which Roy really appreciates. I look forward to football season every year and I take it very seriously!
10) I have extreme anxiety. It drives me crazy and it comes out of no where. It started when I was pregnant and never went away.
Monday, December 15, 2008
It's finally here and I am so excited!! The Christmas Tour of Homes! I now have my excuse to visit as many blogs as possible and steal as many cute decorating ideas as I can! I LOVE IT! Add to that Kimba's have a party of her own, which means more "touring" HEAVEN for a girl like me:)
We just moved...again! And I have only unearthed about 1/4 of my Christmas decorations. Who knows where that other 3/4 is currently residing! So I am even more excited this year about the thievery of other's ideas:) So without further delay...
Welcome to our home! That darn wreath is crooked and has a mind of its own! I've threatened the trash can or goodwill on numerous occasions if it doesn't straighten up...to no avail it seems!
This is one of my new favorite things! I got the welcome hooks at Target for next to nothing and I just LOVE that basket! It's a great place to put say...christmas balls and a pine sprig?? LOVE IT!
This is the one and only garland that I could locate. It looks a little lonely, but there is hope for finding its companions before Christmas is over:)
I also LOVE these little mercury glass trees. They look so nice on my countertop and they draw your eye nicely away from the mess that surrounds them!
Our kitchen table! I would so LOVE to put those trees on here, along with my pretty Christmas dishes. But a certain 16 month old would surely have it all in the floor in no time if I were to do that so I can only dream of next year!
Our tree. It is a little Charlie Brownesque but I love it just the same. Maybe if I straightened the star that would help?? Hmm...
Another of my favorites....Rudolph was a present from my daddy and he is like a little puzzle! Absolutely adorable. And of course, the mercury glass pail filled with wooden candy canes. You just can't go wrong there.
Our stockings...I miss having a mantle to hang them from. The doorway had to work in a pinch.
My fur wreath...fake of course. I made it with the guidence of Nester
Ava Kate's tree. Please ignore the cord. Older houses have very few plugs!
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
We went to this little craft fair thing here this weekend. At least I guess that's what you would call it. There is the large group of people who live at this huge farm, and they hand make just about everything. Jellies, breads, soaps, candles, furniture, the list goes on and on. Anyway it was COLD, but fun. Sadly Ava was tired, and was having no part of the stroller. Good thing Daddy makes a good seat. All in all it was an experience and I am all for experiences:) The picture above is the only good one I got. No one was up for a photo op!